Monday 10 February 2014

Day 1 - Mcnulty



So ive decided to name my blender Mcnulty, giving the machine a human character will help me build a relationship and also allow for me to vent during hungry times. 

Meet Mcnulty.

"Hi I'm Mcnulty" 


Day 1 

So its finally time to start the juicing experiment :/ I had to make the morning/lunch juice the night before as to not wake up my house-mate and also allow me to take it to work (no juicing in the workplace). I stored the juice in my flask and kept it inside the fridge but ideally you want to try and 
drink it as soon as its made and not store it as to keep all the nutrients as fresh as possible but im going to be making breakfast/lunch the night 
before on most days and then have late afternoon/evening freshly made. 

As soon as i got to work a colleague was celebrating his birthday and decided to bring in home-made brownie (not a good start) but i did turn down the 
kind offer, i think having temptation in front of me is going to be the hardest part of this. By lunch time i was ready for some food but quickly drank my 
pre-made juice (consisting of carrots, celery, cucumber, kale and ginger) then exited work for a walk around outside. Once i'd had the drink i felt a 
whole deal better and its important to drink lots of water during the day as well (which also take the hunger away). 

Once i got back home i made a trip to the local veg shop and picked up a good supply of veg, im not sure how long this will last but what you see in 
the box cost me £15, it may look like a huge amount but you can see how much is needed to produce a pint glass full, a surprising amount but am 
interested to see how many days i get out of it. 


£15 worth of local veg



All of this....



....into this


18:00 and now really wanting a proper meal, i will hold off a bit for my last pint of juice but I'm told the first 3 days are the hardest but unsure 
how hard they really mean? Most of this week will be mind over matter, after all...if i don't mind then it doesn't matter. 

Overall today was as i expected it to be, a little bit hungry but looking forward to seeing if i can make the week. Energy levels arnt to bad at all 
but feeling of hunger is a constant during the evening. 

Oh and i also got a tweet from Joe Cross (from Fat, Sick & nearly dead) wishing me good luck....great :) 

"Cheers Joe"


No comments:

Post a Comment